Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 12-A Treat

The Dress, Necklace: Loft, Shoes: Nine West, Belt: Nameless, Bag: Thrifted 

My friend Camille and I are going to attempt the DIY version of this necklace!
I'll let you know how that turns out ;)
My precious K! 

Early this morning my five year old daughter, with a broken toe, crawled into my bed. She whispers to me, "Mommy, is it time for muffins with moms yet?" I think it was 4:30 or so. She was so excited. She got dressed, accessorized (as you can see above) and was ready to go hours before it was time. I sat next to her in the lunchroom watching her enjoy that chocolate-chocolate chip muffin with pure bliss in her eyes. What a treat!

I felt so loved. She wanted nothing more than to be right there with me, eating muffins. These little things I don't ever want to take for granted, they are the moments when I realize that all of the stresses of parenting are TOTALLY worth it! 

This little girl has been such a blessing to me, to our family. We had three miscarriages before she arrived.....and if you have been through that, you know the pain. God has protected her through many accidents and injuries. Even when I thought I may loose my mind with worry, He has been there and He has been faithful. We prayed for her, and He gave her to us. Not in our timing, but in His. I am so thankful for that! 

Oh, and I gave myself another treat this morning. In effort to scale back, I decided to give up my routine luxury of a pedicure and give myself one instead! $30.00 saved! :) 

No comments: