Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 25-Blustery


The Dress, Top: Marshalls' clearance rack (years ago!),
Watch: Michael Kors, Shoes: Guess, Bag: Kate Spade


Sunnies: Marc Jacobs, Earrings: m. marie boutique



As you can see, the wind did wonders for my hair today. The awkward alley photo shoot doubled in awkwardness trying keep my dress from blowing up. I wanted to share my verse of the day with you today, because it goes right along with what has been revealed to me through this project.

Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And He chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. 1 Corinthians 1:27

So for all of those that have looked at me like I have two heads after telling them about the dress project, He is using it. Something as silly and powerless as a dress.....has become a platform to share His work in my life. Over the past 25 days, I have really poured my all into this, in more ways than just choosing accessories and traveling everywhere with my camera and tripod.  I have carved out time and have committed to prayer and reading his word. It is changing me. It is sustaining me in a world where I am easily distracted and knocked of coarse. My brokenness is becoming beautiful, a journey that with His help,  I will continue on even without the dress!

No comments: