Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Running for Missy!


Yesterday, I experienced the reality of breast cancer like never before. My friend Missy had a double mastectomy. Several weeks ago she was diagnosed after a routine mammogram. I have ran for breast cancer before, worn pink during October, and prayed for people affected....but never did it hit home like it did yesterday. As I looked into the eyes of her husband and daughter patiently awaiting a call from the operating room, I felt the depth of this awful disease. I am so happy to report that her surgery went very well and they found NO cancer in her lymph nodes, she will not need chemo!!! To GOD be the glory! Our team (Missy's B's) are running for her on Saturday, and never will a race have ever mean so much to me! I am so proud of her strength and courage!

No comments: