Monday, April 22, 2013

"Earthy"



Freeride836 stoke rope bracelet,  my purchase bought one square foot of  the Tanzanian Orphanage.

With Earth Day in mind, I pulled some of the "earthiest" items from my closet. My copper necklace was a gift, handmade and colored naturally by rainwater. My wooden ring was my 12X12 Project purchase last month from Mata Traders. I am also wearing my purchase for this month, a stoke rope bracelet in support of Freeride836. A local father, his sons, and some professionals are kiteboarding 50 miles from Miami to the Florida Keys as soon as they have a good wind window. The money they raise will build an orphanage in Tanzania, Africa. The bracelet is made out of stoke rope that you will find on a kiteboard, and the metal plate lists the longitude and latitude of the orphanage. The bracelets are $20.00 each and 100% of your purchase goes to the orphanage. They can be purchased in Lakeland, FL at Mayzie's boutique, or let me know and I will find a way to get one to you! They just happen to be a client of mine as well! 

To close out the day, we walked the neighborhood to pick up any trash in a bag that my daughter made at school. I love that she insisted upon completing this task, and I so admire her heart! What did you do to celebrate Earth Day? 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Dear, are you genuinely visiting this site regularly, if so
after that you will without oubt take nice knowledge.

Here is my web-site; m88a