Thursday, December 06, 2012

An Hour and a Half Without Water

Top: Lucky Brand, Skirt: Kensie (Thrifted), Booties: Seychelles, Bag: Kate Spade
Sunnies: Marc Jacobs, Belt: J. Crew, Accessories: Target



Last night our water was out for an hour and a half. It was a great reminder of why I am committed to the cause of clean water, and raising money to build a well this month. I can't believe how many times I walked to the kitchen sink to turn on the faucet, remembering only then that the water was out. It must have been 10 times, no kidding.

This morning water was barely trickling out of the shower head, and instead of getting frustrated, I thanked God. I thanked Him for a hot shower, I thanked him for clean dishes, for laundry, and for quenching my thirst. I prayed for our well, and for the people in India that it will bless. It was awesome!

What perfect timing to be reminded of how blessed I am, and how important this cause is! My tiny little hour and a half without water was NOTHING compared to those who go without it daily.

No comments: