Thursday, December 27, 2012

Post-Christmas Confessions




It has been a few days since my last post. I promised myself I would slow down and I did. The spending freeze is going well, and my DIY gifts were loved by all. I have one more gift to deliver, and after that I will be able to post pictures to give you ideas for next year!

Confession: I haven't spent on myself, but I have wanted to. I almost returned a gift to get a credit at Marshalls' just so that I could shop. But I didn't. The thought of shopping sounded great.....but I knew I would regret returning the gift. While I am in confession mode, I have another. I hired my cleaning team back. I just couldn't do it. The kids, work, schedules, all left me exhausted and no time to clean. The pressure was killing me. I think I should have started out with baby steps instead of cutting everything out at once. I am cutting myself some slack on this one.

On a more positive note, I didn't question returning the gifts I am wearing in this photo. A scarf and earrings from my 4 and 5 year olds. They did mommy proud! I hope your Christmas was wonderful and you are well on your way to a happy New Year!


No comments: