Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Not Just Lunch

Top: Banana, Cardigan: J. Crew, Skinnies: 7 For All Mankind, Shoes: Miz Mooz
Bag: Elliott Lucca



Never underestimate the power of lunch with a friend. Some may think making time for such is not responsible, especially during a work day! But, everyone needs a break. Especially those of us in the trenches trying to make small businesses work. I could have been at my desk today, writing, blogging, or making plans to attend the next networking event...but instead I spent the afternoon having lunch and talking with a sweet friend that loves Jesus, and loves me for me.

She has no expectations, she does not judge me, she has no ulterior motives. She is real, and I can be real, and I LOVE that! She inspires me to think outside of the box, and extend my reach to those in need. To really BE Jesus to people not only by giving of myself, but by how I live my life, display my attitude, etc. She lifts me up always and even when making suggestions, doesn't tear me down or make me feel like I am not "there yet." Her example has taught me that there is a huge difference in talking about or quoting Jesus, and actually loving like Jesus. I am excited to share a particular project that she is working on with all of you, and it's most likely going to change the direction of my blog for a year. Check out her blog and the information on the 12 X 12 project! Pretty cool! I am so thankful for the friends that God has placed in my life. I couldn't feel more blessed!

No comments: