Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hello.... Post?

I went on my social networking fast and totally lost track of time! Since my fast I have been on a fabulous 4 day Girl's cruise and conquered a few hurdles of motherhood! I feel like the fast gave me a true idea of how I was spending my time. My kids enjoyed me looking them in the eye and sharing with them. I am sad to say that giving them my full attention was something that they weren't used to. I guess I take for granted my time with them.

I am always worried about working or making the most of my time, when really they are the most important piece of my life right now! That is where selfishness comes in. I never realized just how selfless motherhood is! For someone like me that is admittedly selfish, I have totally had to re-train myself! God tells us to "Put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me." Matt 16:24. This is a verse that I need to repeat over and over again!

Since the fast, I have spent less quality time on social networking and more quality time with my family! It is nice to be back in the networking world, but I am glad that I took a break to put it into perspective! One day, my babies will be all grown up, and then I will still have plenty of time to do everything that I want to do now! When that day comes, I know I will look back on this time and wonder why I was worried about being so busy!

No comments: