Monday, September 07, 2009

Day One: Social Networking Fast

The Challenge: Two week fast from social networking! Can I do it? Yes I can!!!

Over the past few weeks I have been hearing God tell me that I am spending too much time social networking and then that conviction was firmed up at church yesterday when my Pastor talked about fasting! I am praying this time will bring me closer to God and help me evaluate the time that I am spending on the internet!

I depend on social networking to help my business, to learn from others and share tips and advice in my field. But sometimes the time spent gets out of hand and I find myself glued to the computer or my iPhone instead of focusing on the child that is grabbing on to my leg! Also as a stay at home mom, I feel disconnected to people that can actually talk back to me...so the social networking is my way of feeling connected!!! But I have to remember to keep that time in check and focus on what is most important, and that is GOD and my family!! So the countdown is on and I have 13 days to GO!!! Wish me luck!

No comments: