Thursday, February 21, 2013

Shirt With a Purpose!

Shirt: Sevenly




I couldn't wait to wear my purchase for the month! The purchase of this shirt helped fund an undercover rescue mission to save the lives of girls who have been kidnapped, coerced or sold into prostitution. This is exactly the mission of The 12X12 Project this month.

I have to say, it was so fun to get something in the mail. Pre-12x12 Project,  I was an online shopper extraordinaire. I loved seeing the UPS or FedEx box on my doorstep just as much as what I found on the inside. New stuff was a thrill for me and I actually felt better if I was wearing something new. I have learned to tame that crazy lady a wee bit now, and I am really grateful for the perspective change.

Technically, today should be awesome and awkward Thursday, but it's been a while since I have added to my gift list, and I have been keeping track! :)

1000 Gifts
112. Multicolored ocean water
113. Sand in everything
114. Seagulls
115. Boogie Boards
116. Waves
117. The smell of sunscreen on little hands
118. Warm sun on wet skin
119. My kindergarteners face when she spots me in the carline.
120. When my work promotes good.


No comments: