Friday, June 01, 2012

The Faceless Thrifter


Top: Gap tank, Necklaces: Stella & Dot, Skirt: Goodwill, Flops: J. Crew
Inspiration found at Target! 
So the thrifter remains faceless today, but we all know it is me! I didn't have time to set up the tripod, and the toddlers haven't quite mastered the camera yet. I found this skirt brand new with tags at Goodwill for $5.00. I was thrilled! So many asked me where I found it, and it is so funny to see their mouths hang open when I tell them Goodwill. Get on the thrifting wagon people...it's a great ride!

So I have an awkward story to share and it's an original. I found myself needing a pedicure before my girls weekend at the beach, so I went to indulge. While drying my perfectly polished toes, a complete stranger asked me to reach into her pants pocket to pull out her wedding bands. It was the most uncomfortable feeling I have ever had. Thoughts ran through my head very quickly and it went a little something like this:

"Do I have to? Is she crazy? What if I reach in too far? How can I get them without digging around in her pocket? Can I say no? Will I look like a rude snobby "B" word if I decline?" 


So, I did what one does under pressure and folded. Imagine me digging in a complete stranger's front pocket, and her shifting around trying to help me grab them. OH MY GOODNESS! I am still in shock! But hopefully, you got a good laugh to start your weekend off right! So tell me, what would you have done????

No comments: