Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful

Love the cheeses!! 



My Dad

I ate ALL of it! Yes!


The final masterpiece, I was really proud. (Usually I get it wrong on the first try) 
So much to be thankful for. On Wednesday we met Carl, an elderly disabled Veteran who doesn't get out much at all. We delivered a meal to him via the service provided by Viste. You should have seen his face light up when he saw my four children file out of the Suburban. He loved visiting with us and made it a point to invite us back several times. I wondered when the last time was that he had a visitor. Other than his only son, he has no family in the area. I am so thankful that we could make him smile. On Thursday, I started the day on a long run with one of my special friends, smelling turkeys smoking throughout the neighborhoods we ran through. I am so thankful for my health, my friends, and the food that was on our table. The table setting was smaller this year, we were missing my Pap and my Grana-but I am so thankful for memories of them, and the faces I still saw across the table. I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving....I myself, am feeling very blessed!

No comments: