Tuesday, November 01, 2011

31 Days in the Same Dress??

(Just a few of my favorite looks in the dress)
As most of you know, I spent the last 31 days in the same dress. For those of you who didn't, welcome to the after party!!!! Why? The October Dress Project, and for me specifically: I am a shopaholic. Last year, I watched my MOPs friends Jennifer, Karissa, and Ida, (pictured above) participate. I was so inspired that I chose to follow their lead in November, and I dragged my precious friend Trish along for the ride! Each time I have been blessed in different ways. I learn how to use what I have in my closet, and choose to resist the urge to buy more. My eyes are opened to how spoiled I can be, and I realize just how much I have. Over the past few years, I have become wise to the amount I have been spending and now I am much more conscious. I have also learned the art of thrifting and that gives me more of a thrill than a shopping spree at Neimans...well almost ;) Here are the top questions I was asked during this project and my answers!

Q: Why are you doing this? Is this for charity or a cause?
A: Yes, the cause of reminding Cathy that she couldn't want or need another thing!

Q: Are you allowed to wash it?
A: YES!!! I washed in the evenings and hung to dry.

Q: What is the longest that you went without washing?
A: 4 days, (gently worn, I promise!)

Q: Did it hold up?
A: Pretty much, except for the hook and eye clasp. I had to sew that back on.

Q: Did you like this dress better than the black dress you wore last year?
A: YES! Strapless was a GREAT call for layering. Plus this dress had a great shape and the denim fabric allowed it to go with anything.

Q: Will you wear it again or burn it?
A: Actually, I think I will wear it. I have not put the black dress on since last year, but this one was a much better choice!

Q: Will you do it again next year?
A: I want to say no, but I probably will.

Q: Are you going to shop on November 1st?
A: I thought I would have been dying to....but I didn't!

Finally, I have to say I am thankful. I am so thankful for what I have. I am not perfect, my marriage is not perfect, and my family is not perfect. I am a work in progress, and I am thankful for a God who is patient enough to show me just how blessed I am through little projects like these! Fellow October Dress Project participants....I salute you, and send my love....we are DONE!

No comments: