Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Findings



Friday finding number one was this skirt, hung beneath another and left to be forgotten. Another Target oldie, that I may have worn once. I am so glad I snapped a picture before lunch, because I now have a lovely salad dressing stain on the front, and this may be the last time I get to wear it.

I also found that I am having pre-holiday anxiety. All of the stores are playing Christmas music already and displaying holiday cheer.....and it is making me nervous. This is going to sound bad, but last year I thought I was only signing up for one year of not shopping at the holidays. I totally downsized Christmas because of my shop fast. I made homemade gifts, and we bought less. Part of me thought that by this holiday season, I would be back to waking up at 2 am on the day after Thanksgiving, hitting the malls, and happily participating in the holiday hustle and bustle. Well, not so much. Recovering from my husband's two job losses this year means that the downsizing of Christmas is going to be permanent for now. Honestly.....I think I am afraid I will miss out on something. That my kids may miss out. How crazy selfish is that of me?

Refocus CATHY!!! Get the marketers out of your head, where is your heart? 

Have I really excepted that less is more, or is that just something I felt like blogging about at the time? So here's the deal. I am vowing to remind myself of every little gift this holiday season that doesn't cost a dime. What are the gifts that my family and I have that can't be unwrapped? The gifts that can't be bought? Just maybe, this is a lifestyle change instead of a just lesson.


No comments: