Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Is May the New December?










A picture of my Mother's Day afternoon!
My Fantastic Four!! 

My amazing Mother! 

Someone said the other day that May is the new December and I totally agree. Between awards ceremonies, end of the year parties, graduations, performances, recitals, etc....we have been running crazy. I had some time to slow down on Mother's Day and I am so thankful for that. After having breakfast in bed followed by a great sermon at church, my husband and brother made dinner for us. Meanwhile I lounged by the pool, a perfect day. The weather has been absolutely beautiful here to top it off!

I am so thankful to be a mother, and to celebrate my mother. I don't know what I would do without her. When we talked about moving closer to my husband's new job.....the thought of not being 20 minutes away from her was crippling. She and my dad are there for us whenever we need them. They have been so very helpful during this time of transition. When we were down to one car, and on days when I need help picking the kids up to get them to dance, T-ball, and more. 

I know I sound like a broken record, but this shop fast has taught me so much about appreciating the little things. Don't get me wrong, I still salivate over the latest J. Crew and Nordstrom catalogs...but I have something that I didn't in the past, control. I also feel satisfied and I really do appreciate all that I have. The few little freebies I have snagged along the way have sure helped lesson the sting...but if I was shopping, I don't think I would have found such joy in these small things. I am glad that I can see that now. Oh and guess who got new bathing suits for Mother's Day??? I am so excited! :) 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday.
It's always interesting to read content from other authors and practice something from other websites.

my homepage :: www.goanacortes.com