Monday, May 14, 2012

Something Old

My Mother's Day gift from my Mother. They were my Grandmother's.

Celebration at the little's preschool!
Sometimes receiving something old, is so much better than something new. For over a year now, I have watched my mother clean out the house that belonged to my Grandparents who have gone on to be with the Lord. She has not been packing up "stuff",  but packing up a lifetime of memories. The things that I see loaded in boxes were once hung in hallways or displayed on shelves for years and years.

My Mother's Day didn't actually go as planned. My daughter was sick, and my husband had to stay home from church with her, then he set the grill on fire WITH our food on it, and he had to be on a plane at 4pm for a presentation this morning. But, even amongst the chaos, when I sat back and watched my kids playing yesterday, I couldn't help but smile. I have so much to be thankful for in this role that God gave me as mom.

Opening the gift from my mother was the highlight of my day. Memories passed down from generation to generation. Reminders of the awesome mother my grandmother was, and the amazing mother that my mom became-what an awesome example they are for me! I hope you all enjoyed your day as mothers and with your mothers! I am feeling blessed!


No comments: