Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Long Lost Art of Customer Service-Tips to Bring it BACK!

For the past two weeks I have been dealing with a broken Dell computer and different techs calling giving me the runaround from India. I have been told countless times by numerous people that I would be taken care of! This has NOT happened yet and it has been over TWO WEEKS! I am otherwise a patient person, and normally very calm but I am at my wits end! As I type now on a borrowed laptop that is probably older than I am I think to myself, what is WRONG with people? What happened to people honoring their promises? What about taking care of the customer no matter how big or small? That's the kind of company I want to support, that is the kind of company I will purchase my next computer from!

As a business owner, I want to provide quality service to ALL of my clients and insure that they are 100% satisfied! I want them to know that their account is important to me no matter the size of the invoice I will be sending them at the end of the month! Here are some rules I follow and sure wish companies like DELL would consider!!!

1. When you say you will do something, DO IT!
2. If you can't provide a permanent solution to a problem provide a temporary solution until it CAN be resovled permanently!
3. Don't leave your client or customer hanging, follow up and FIX the issue! Your client has customers too, be understanding of that and quick to respond with a solution.
4. SPEAK CLEAR ENGLISH! How many times have you been stuck on the phone with someone you can't understand? It is bad enough that you are experiencing a problem, adding further frustration by TRYING to make out what the person on the other line is saying can put customers over the TOP!
5. Treat others they way YOU want to be treated! Give someone excellent service, they are SURE to return. Make their business suffer and they will never return or promote your product or service to others!
6. Make it right! If you mess up, go ABOVE and beyond to make it up to the customer! There is A LOT to be said for refunds and special treatment. Some customers would walk away after an unsatisfactory incident. Give them a REASON to remain faithful to you and your product or service! Go out of your way to insure the customer is happy at all costs! You customer is your BIGGEST form of advertising and communication of your brand!

In this day and age, in a world that is "always on" due to online social networking and other outlets, you NEED to be sure that your customers are communicating positive information about your brand! One customer unsatisfied can make your business suffer! Don't get a bad wrap! Do what you say you are going to do, MAKE IT RIGHT if you mess up and make sure the customer is satisfied...no matter WHO they are! It MATTERS!!!!

No comments: