Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 22: YEE HAW

I helped deliver this cake today! The Dress, Cardigan: Nordstrom, Shoes: Converse

AMAZINGNESS by my beautiful and talented friend: Andrea Reed, Sweetcakes, LLC
The flowers on top are handmade and edible!!!

Our impromptu Halloween Costumes! Yee Haw!


Sorry for the less than great iPhone photos-what a busy and fun day! Friday night I stayed up till 3am helping Andrea  stay awake to finish two cakes for yesterday. I rolled fondant, and kept her up....that is about it. I wish I was more creative but I couldn't mess up the master artist's groove. I love to help my friends, and to learn about what they do. Someone asked me last night at the party, why did you help deliver that cake?  My answer was because my friend needed help and she asked me. I also know if I needed something she would do the same for me. When we help others, it gives us a whole other perspective on what they do. You learn to appreciate their work on a higher level. I for one, have decided that I will NEVER be a cake artist! :) You wouldn't believe the amount of work that it takes. I am so proud of her, she is amazing! Yesterday I spent time investing in my kids. You would have thought it was Christmas morning when I brought out the boxes of Halloween goods. They rummaged through them trying on costumes and such. We paraded around the house in wigs and silly hats...it doesn't get better than that. Then last night was a Halloween party with yummy food and to top it off: smores by the fire pit! I want a fire pit now-that was so relaxing and fun. The dress is in the washing machine now and I am hoping it will be ready in time for my 10:45am church service! Wish me luck!

No comments: