Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Family Ties

Top: Marshalls Clearance, Skirt: So old I don't remember,  Shoes: Marshalls oldies,
Jewelry: Pearls- Nordstrom Rack, beads-Stella & Dot



Some of my mother's family came in to town today. I met them as a child, but today their stories were so much more interesting. I love to hear old family stories, to listen to the history of what brought us to where we are today. To hear about the personality traits that have been passed down for years. I listened to them talk about when they were kids and the silly things that the "uncles" would do and how the aunts were always annoyed. At one point I looked over at my 94 year old grandfather and almost cried. His face aged and the sparkle out of his eye today, no spunky combacks like in the past. I wondered to myself, am I at the point when I have to face the fact that he is not going to live forever? I think I put myself in denial because he has always been here and I just don't know what it will be like without him. I am glad for days like today. When I left, I kissed him on the cheek and accepted the fact that I may not get many more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keeping your child warm does not mean dressing them like an [url=http://www.thenorthfaceonlinestore.org/north-face-denali-womens-jackets-on-sale-in-black-blue-p-500.html]north face denali sale[/url] . Ensure they're dressed up in style that they are comfy. The type of fabric is also another factor that needs to generally be put into great consideration.Currently, children's [url=http://www.thenorthfaceonlinestore.org/mens-north-face-denali-jackets-c-83_86.html]north face denali on sale[/url] stores have built life easier by designing outfits that are winter-based, to avoid the situation of dressing up your kid with several cloth layers.