Wednesday, November 07, 2012
Since completing the October Dress Project, I have have really neglected the blog. I will be honest, my attitude has been a little sour too. Cutting back requires not only sacrifice, but more work on my end... and that has left me feeling a bit deflated. I have to say over the past couple of weeks the enemy has really been working me over. I am sure it is because he knows I have committed to the 12X12 Project.
Talking about giving up little things in my life didn't seem like a big deal, but then doing it with a cheerful heart has been harder than I imagined. Here are a list of things that I have decided to cut out in effort to be more responsible with our money.
1. My housekeeper-(REALLY struggling with this one!)
2. Sea World/Busch Gardens/Aquatica Passes-(This is going to be REALLY hard the next time the kids ask to go.)
3. Bi-weekly pedicures (I'm okay with this, but it really is not the same doing it myself.)
4. Eating out/ordering takeout during the week (Totally crappy when I have planned poorly.)
5. Looking to downsize from my SUV for a lesser payment and better gas milage. (Really will miss the size of my vehicle.)
I KNOW how selfish this sounds, as those I long to help have SO much less, but this is my journey. So I am just being honest and tracking my feelings. Right now it's not the shopping at ALL that is getting me. It is giving up the luxuries that I took for granted daily. I know that God is going to teach me so much through this, so my goal is to focus on being grateful for what I have....instead of the luxuries I am giving up!
6. Hands that clean
7. Our awesome parks
8. Family foot rubs
9. Home cooked meals