Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Whatcha Waiting For?

Top and pants: Banana Republic, Belt J. Crew


Clutch: Olivia & Joy, Ring, bracelet, and earrings: David Yurman

Shoes: Poetic License 
When we arrived at the mall yesterday I realized yet again why procrastination is evil. But in my defense, being a working mother I haven't had much time to go out and shop. I started asking myself while being bumped into and pushed around in a busy store why we do this to ourselves. I love the idea of gifts, but at what point is enough enough? I put so much pressure on myself to make sure each child has equal amounts, etc. Did I buy enough? Will anyone be disappointed? It is exhausting. So when I got home last night and started going through my purchases over the last few weeks, I realized that it was more than enough. What am I teaching my children about Christmas if all I can think about is the gifts??? So in this case I do believe less is more, and not just to make things easier on me....but to remind myself that the little gifts are nothing in comparison to the HUGE gift that God gave to us. So be gone stress...I am done! Next challenge: the grocery store! YIKES! :)

No comments: