Sunday, April 24, 2011

To Be Like Her


This was her brooch. I am so honored to wear it!

Dress: Andrew Marc New York, Belt: J. Crew, Bracelet: Grana's, Shoes: Adrienne Vittadini

I am so sorry for the delay, but on the ride home from our cruise my mother called to tell me that my Grana passed away. I blogged about her during my 30 Day dress project here: http://cathykhayes.blogspot.com/2010/11/day-8-out-with-new-in-with-vintage.html
She was amazing, and I want to be just like her. A volunteer, mother, and wife, this lady was first class all the way. Riding with her to deliver Meals on Wheels, and going with her to help needy families instilled core values in me that I did not appreciate at the time, but are now priceless. Heaven rejoiced a little louder on Monday morning, as Cordielia Forbes Kincaid Perry walked through the gates!

No comments: