Thursday, May 09, 2013

Big Time Blessed

Some days are a struggle, and some days I can't stop counting the ways I am blessed. My life is never without bumps and distractions, but this evening as I sit quietly waiting on my husband to come home from work, I feel so very blessed.

Yesterday a sweet friend called and asked if I was home, she was dropping off some dresses that she had cleaned out of her closet. I was thrilled to have anything that she owned, but as I started trying them on I almost fainted. Four or five Diane von Furstenberg dresses, were among the mix. Let me just say, Diane is a favorite of mine. But I have NEVER had the pleasure of owning one of her pieces. What a thrill! There was a beautiful Betsey Johnson, Calvin Klein, and BCBG also. I mean, does it get any better than that on a shop fast?

Well it does! Last week I hosed a Stella & Dot party. My super sweet friends came and placed orders rewarding me with almost $400.00 in free Stella & Dot merchandise.  Even my friend Aimee with Chiffon Chronicles out in Colorado placed an online order, so great! I am sure she feels for me as she went through a yearlong shop fast before I even considered it. I chose a HUGE weekend getaway bag, a pair of earrings, and two necklaces. I still have more credits to use!


Well believe it or not....it gets better, and this time not because of free stuff, but because of pure love from my little man. I had the pleasure of attending a Mother's Day breakfast at his preschool this morning, where I was serenaded and served muffins and coffee. Now I can honestly say...it does NOT get better than this!


No comments: