Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Beach Bliss




After two weekends away in a row, I guess you could say my summer vacation has begun! I had a terrible time focusing on work this morning while my mind kept drifting back to the sun, sand, and friends.

This past weekend was our 8th annual Memorial Day trip to Hutchinson Island. I can't tell you how much this group of friends means to me. Although we live miles apart and may only see each other a few times a year, we always pick up where we left off! It is like one big family. I laughed more than I have in a long time, and I needed it.

The older that I get, the more I realize and cherish the true friendships in my life. I am so grateful for friends that are there for me no matter the distance. I love that they are honest with me, communicate with me, and call me out when I need it. I love that we can laugh together, cry together, and support each other. I am truly blessed.

Best of all, was time away with my husband who hasn't had a day off since he started his new job! I think I had a little post-getaway depression when he wasn't here to wake up with me this morning. The adjustment of his new job has still been really stressful for us. Especially him. But we are thankful in the midst of the craziness because God provided for us, and protected us. The gift list goes on.......

1000 Gifts
237. Balconies filled with friends
238. Rivers
239. Watermelon
240. BBQ on the beach
241. Grilled corn on the cob
242. Tents in the sand
243. Beach chairs and coozies
244. The smell of salt water in the air
245. Freedom
246. Soldiers
247. A cool dip in the pool
248. Boom boxes and dance parties
249. Human pyramids
250. Long rides and good talks
251. Craziness



No comments: